This year Sophie and I kicked of Thanksgiving with our local Turkey Trot. We left the house when it was 39 degrees (can you say burr!! ) but when we got there it was totally worth it! There were a lot of families with kids and dogs and you can't forget the guy in the turkey costume. We were having a great time jogging until Sophie had to go potty. Since the run was only 3 miles, they didn't have any port-a-potties along the route which posed a little problem! So I started running faster and we pulled off at a Carls Jr. along the way. Then Sophie must have been inspired by the other runners because all of a sudden, she took off running. She was doing great until she hit a pile of leaves and totally fell face down on the asphalt. It didn't look that bad at the time, but now she has a huge scab on her cheek and forehead. I am getting a little worried for our planned Christmas pictures tomorrow!! So after all of our detours, we finished the run in a whopping 53 minutes!
When Sophie and I got home, we started getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner. I made a healthy green bean dish with citrus & pine nuts and to counter-balance the healthy, Jason and I made warm brie wrapped in pastry puff. We spent the afternoon at Jason's parent's house along with my parents. We had so much fun playing with the kids, watching football, beauty & the beast, going to the park and spending time together. It was a nice day to step back from the day to day craziness and relax.



No comments:
Post a Comment