Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Heart Mother's Day

All of the mom's and the mom-to-be!!
I clearly didn't plan for the weather by dressing Ethan in fleece pants and Sophie in jeans so halfway through we took off our pants to cool down. Oops!
I think Sophie is feeding Ike Turtle, or is this Tina Turtle? The baby turtle Franklin was super cute. Now I really want a turtle!!!
Sophie has started teaching Ethan how to see-saw at school so now he is getting the hang of it and likes it. Beep Beep!!
So today is the best day of the year! I was able to sleep in (since Sophie always wakes up at 5:00 am or earlier, sleeping in is a big deal!) and then when I woke up Jason had pancakes and coffee ready for me. After a leisurely morning, we headed down to Gloria & Don's home (Jill's parents) for a brunch put together by all the dads. Jason made his delish cinnamon rolls and the rest of the guys had prepared egg casserole, fruit salad, hash browns, bacon, sausage, chili, and baked french toast. We drank mimosas and were able to play with the kids and catch up with one another. In the afternoon Grandma Jerana and Grandpa Barry came to visit and they brought me a cute picture of the family from Easter. This afternoon Jason did a couple loads of laundry, make dinner, did the dishes, AND . . . the kids were both asleep by 6:30!! I have already started praying that they both sleep through the night!
Happy Mother's Day to all of my mommy friends. I hope you were able to enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment