Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ethan's 11 Month Update

Our little guy is already 11 months!! Now that he has learned how to crawl, he is ALL over the place- and fast! His crawl sort of resembles a crab walk because he kicks out one of his legs so he can get around quicker. Now he is also standing up, cruising on furniture, wanting to walk while holding our hands and pushes Sophie's baby strollers around the house (usually he is sitting and pushing them but this particular night I gave him a hand).
Here's the latest:
  • Weight/Height- not completely sure but it's big all the way around. Did you see his thighs in the picture up there?!? We will get the official measurements at his next doctor's appointment.
  • Wears size 5 diapers and 12-18 month clothes
  • Has 6 teeth but two are coming through any day now (I feel like I've been saying that for a while. . . )
  • Definitely a boy! When it comes to toys, he loves to bang things around, play with balls and cars and open and close things. Although, he also likes Sophie's stroller and pretty much everything else in her room
  • Also eats like a boy. His favorite foods are meats, cheese, carbs and fruits. He is also a BIG eater! There are weeks when we go to the grocery store twice because we have run out of staples. I have a feeling we will have start buying in bulk soon.
  • Cuddlebug!! If you put a pillow or his blanket on the floor, he will go and lay down and wiggle and smile to rest in between playing. He will also crawl to me and lift out his arms so I stand him up and then he gives me a hug and a kiss!!
  • Lots of nicknames. Over the course of getting to know Ethan, we have all given him a unique nickname. Jason calls Ethan "monkey man or chunky monkey". Sophie started calling him "Ethaneese" (I have no idea why) and I have named him "bugga bugga or bugs" because his is a total love bug and cuddle bug. His teacher at school Ms. Michelle calls him "handsome". Thankfully none of this seems to confuse him as he responds to all of them.
  • He is still taking two naps a day generally from 8-10 and 2:30-4:00 ish and then goes down for bed between 7:30-8:00 and wakes up around 6:00. If he is feeling fine, he will sleep through the night.
  • He has had his share of ear aches this year so we are monitoring him this month and at his12 month check up to make sure he is completely well. Otherwise, a visit to the Ears Nose and Throat Doctor will be in order to evaluate him for a potential ear tubes candidate. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he is healthy through summer and that his ear canals will have developed so that by next winter he will not have continuous ear infections.
  • He eats 3 full meals a day and a couple of snacks and drinks about 24 ozs of milk.
  • Happy, happy, happy! I know I say this every month but he really is the happiest, sweetest little bugga bugga you've ever met!!

No comments:

Post a Comment