Surprisingly it took us having a second child to motivate me to finally create a blog. I guess I figure it will be easier to send pictures and keep family and friends updated this way instead of sending entire albums out sporadically. Let's hope I keep this up!!!
Well, it's been quite a month to say the least!!
On Wednesday, June 10th we welcomed baby boy Nelms into this world. We didn't have an official name for him until we got home from the hospital so "little guy" was his nickname until we named him Ethan Andreas. Andreas was our beloved Uncle Tommy's middle name and was a perfect way to pay homage. Ethan was born at 2:02 am weighing 8 lbs 12 ozs and was 21.5 inches long. I am so thankful we induced a week early!!
The day after we came home from the hospital, Sophie came down with pneumonia. It was quite a task keeping her away from her baby brother whom she wanted to touch and kiss constantly. Thankfully we had the love and help of our families to get us through this challenging time of life with a newborn and plenty of breathing treatments and doctors appointments for Miss Sophie. The good news is that she is doing fantastic with the exception of a scab on her knee and a bump on her head from all the running around she is doing these days. It's impossible to get her to sit still even for a moment!!
Two weeks ago we lost Jason's grandma Betty. Grandma Betty had a heart of gold and always welcomed family and friends into her home. We will forever remember her laugh and bright smile and all of the good times we spent in her home playing cards, eating yummy food, golfing, drinking and, most importantly, laughing. We love you Grandma!
Last week Ethan wasn't feeling well and didn't sleep at all one night. His tummy seemed uncomfortable and I attributed it to the fact that maybe he was coming down with Colic or Acid Reflux. I was floored when I got to the Dr's the following afternoon to find he had a fever of 102. We raced to the ER room where they did a litany of tests including a spinal tap. It was a very emotional couple of days for us as we waited at the hospital with our infant to get the results of the tests. Good news is that it appeared to be a virus and he is home and doing very well. We are once again thankful for our family who was there with us to help take care of Sophie at home and keep mommy and Ethan company in the hospital.
Phew- I am exhausted just typing everything that we encountered last month. I am glad we all survived the month and am praying for good health in the coming months!!



So glad to have entered the blogging world! You have had quite the month! I am so sorry for your loss, and extremely happy that your little ones are doing fine. Ethan is adorable!
ReplyDeleteMary